Ready, Set, Go!
Welcome to STAT 480!
When taking an on-line course, it is very important to understand how the course is organized, what is expected of you as a student, and what kinds of special materials might be included in the course. You need to make sure that you know how to use the course materials effectively so that you can take full advantage of the value that they bring to your learning experience. The primary purpose of this introductory set of materials is to introduce you to the course and the instructor, as well as some technical and administrative issues.
Every lesson in this course will contain an overview similar to this one here. The lesson overview will highlight the learning objectives and outcomes of the lesson, as well as provide you with a "to do" list for the lesson.
Learning objectives & outcomes
Upon completing this lesson, you should be able to do the following:
- describe how the course is organized
- know where to find more detailed information about the course, including contact information, course requirements, and course deadlines
- identify links to special course materials
- navigate a viewlet
- open a SAS program within the SAS application on your computer
- open data files for use with SAS programs
- post a message and read others' messages on a lesson discussion board
- complete an on-line mastery quiz
Our "to do" list for this lesson
In order to complete this lesson you should:
- Read all of the pages in the lesson, including (see the 'Start Here!' links in the upper left):
- Learning Online - Orientation
- Obtaining a Copy of SAS
- Setting Up Your Copy of SAS
- Special Course Materials
- Where to go for Help!
- Purchase a student copy of SAS and install it on your computer.
- Post a biographical sketch of yourself on the "Let's get acquainted!" Discussion Board.
- Post any questions or comments you have about the course on the "Ready, Set, Go!" Discussion Board.
- Take the "Ready, Set Go!" Lesson Quiz. The quiz is timed, and you can take the quiz only once. As soon as you hit the "submit" button, your answers are submitted and graded, and the quiz becomes closed to you. The quiz is intended to assess your understanding of the lesson material. (Don't worry ... this particular quiz doesn't actually count towards your final grade. All of the other lesson quizzes will, however.)