Lesson 2: MA Models, Partial Autocorrelation, Notational Conventions
- Read through the Lesson 2 online notes that follow. (Note: There is no reading assignment from the text this week.)
- Complete Lesson 2 Assignment.
This week we'll look at a variety of topics in preparation for the full scale look at ARIMA time series models that we'll do in the next few weeks. Topics this week are MA models, partial autocorrelation, and notational conventions.
After successfully completing this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify and interpret an MA(q) model
- Distinguish MA terms from an ACF
- Interpret a PACF
- Distinguish AR terms and MA terms from simultaneously exploring an ACF and PACF
- Recognize and write AR, MA, and ARMA polynomials