Lesson 5: Smoothing and Decomposition Methods and More Practice with ARIMA models
- Read Section 2.4 of your text.
- Read through the Lesson 5 online notes that follow.
- Complete Lesson 5 Assignment.
This week we'll continue with ARIMA models and look at decomposition and smoothing methods.
After successfully completing this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify and interpret additive and multiplicative decompositions
- Decompose a time series
- Apply a lowess smoother
- Apply a moving averages smoother
- Apply a single exponential smoother